Tuesday 15 March 2011

D Days 203 - 215: Thurs 3 March to Tues 15 March 2011

I realise that I am still woefully inept at doing this regularly, and the gaps between posts are ever increasing. Yet again I can only apologise and try to do better. But don't hold your breath...real life has an annoying habit of getting in the way of the best laid plans!

So, C...he is in the last week of this latest cycle of treatment and it's been tough going, more so than previously. He's struggled with it this time in terms of energy, stomach upsets and feeling the cold; we're not sure why this should be but I guess each cycle has brought slightly different issues and this is no exception. In his own inimitable, stubborn way he has soldiered on and made the best of it - well, as he rightly says, what else can you do? We've developed a philosophy of dealing with each day as it comes, and no more if we can help it, so each day starts with "Well, he's still here, still mobile, conscious and damn well fighting it, so off we go." some days are just harder than others and it takes a bit longer to get going. I'm telling you, if there were awards for determination he'd have my vote, no contest. He just keeps on keeping on.

We're kind of adjusting to Rom being away - it is strange not to hear her about the house, but I guess she had us semi trained anyway, being out so much! And thanks to the joys of Facebook, Skype and mobile phones she's never really too far away. She paid a surprise visit home on Saturday, something she and C had concocted between them - I had no idea she was coming back until I turned around on Saturday afternoon and there she was! It was a flying visit but so nice to see my baby again.

I realise now that I've lost the pattern of themes for each post. It's a bit difficult to think of any really, as there's so much going on and The gaps between posts mean I dont' remember so much. Also I'm typing this one up on the ipad and it's not easy....so I'll sign off now before my neck develops a crick and my forefingers melt, and try to post more news tomorrow....

No comments:

Post a Comment