Sunday 23 January 2011

D Day + 164 - Sunday 23 January 2011

C was out to breakfast this morning - back in that routine with his mate Neil, now that Christmas/New Year/illness is out of the way, and I'm glad as he really enjoys their catchup and a chance to get out of the house.  Good food there too, which is a bonus - they go to Bluebells at Briddlesford Farm, and if he remembers C brings back one of their fantastic wholemeal multiseed loaves, which I then work my way through over the next couple of days!

So while he was out, and Romilly had stayed over at Dan's last night so wasn't back yet, I spent the morning doing some workouts from the new game(?) I got for the Wii.  I think I've told you about my fascination with The Biggest Loser (on which, I might add, I am still hooked and still watch it...but the British version is nothing like as good as the US one in my opinion), well this new game(?) is their challenge thingy, which has loads of workout routines and monitoring system thingys to get you moving and fitter.  This Wii thing has been an amazing investment, and is proving to be really useful as well as fun - as long as I can keep it up!! Apparently if you don't do well enough or log in regularly enough it chucks you out, just like in the TV programme, and you have to start again!! So in my four week programme I signed up for, I am two days down, and tomorrow they've lined me up for a 50 minute box-light (whatever that is) workout - so in order to fit this in and not incur the wrath of Bob and Jillian (perish the thought) I'm going to have to get up at 6am to get this done.  Start as you mean to go on....

Once this was out of the way, and C was back, I cracked on with the laundry...again.  I don't know if we're unusual, but we seem to produce a mountain of laundry every week; which in its turn produces a mountain of ironing which sadly can languish in the basket atop the fridge for weeks, until we either (a) run out of clothes or (b) want to wear something that's in it.  And it's a devil of a job to get anything dry in this horrible damp January weather - I am a firm line-dry fanatic, and think there's nothing nicer with laundry than that it smells of fresh air; I resort to the tumble drier only as a last ditch effort to get things dry.  Consequently I've done loads of loads (!), most of which is dry, ironed and put away, but some of which is now draped unceremoniously on airers and chair backs in the dining room.

Bren came round this afternoon after work, and we got talking about his upcoming nuptials (well, it's in September, but that's not long really in terms of planning the whole thing).  It seems that the issue of the top table may have been worrying him - in this day and age although it's not unusual to have extended families due to remarriages etc, the old tradition still stands firm (as it rightly should) and I think he was concerned about me/C being upset about it.  Which neither of us are, we don't do the petty issues really - the day is about Bren and Gem, and celebrating their wedding; seating plans and who is important just isn't, well, important!  So I think we managed to convince him that C should be on the top table, sat next to Gem's mum, and Bren's mum would be up there sitting next to Gem's dad.  All right and proper (which also means that I can sit at a table nearby, with Rom and other family peeps, and make fun of C sitting up there in front of everyone!!!! Hehehehe!!!!)  We also discovered Spotify, thanks to Bren who has been compiling an amazing music playlist for the wedding (I want it, it's brilliant).  I foresee hours of fun for C compiling lists of his own favourite music....

C's midway through this cycle of treatment now, and it's starting to be a struggle for him.  Discomfort is kicking in and I know he's toughing it out but it's a job to know how to reassure him and try to alleviate any negative thoughts.  Trouble is that we just don't know what's going on in there, so speculation can get pretty rife; best thing is not to think about it and put it down to overeating/undereating, wrong food, not enough water, too much moving about, sitting wrong, blah blah da da.  It's hard to stay positive about it all when he's this uncomfortable - roll on the damn scan so we can at least know what, if anything, has changed.  I've run him a nice deep foamy bath, which is where he is right now while I type this, to try and get him to relax and warm up (yep, the cold is a problem again).

And so the weekend is over, and Monday looms large and ugly.  I may not get a chance to blog tomorrow as I'm on a course all day and have choir practice in Cowes at 7pm; fingers crossed I get back to you on Tuesday, and that I remember what's happened in the meantime!!

Love to all and thanks for reading.

K x

No comments:

Post a Comment