Wednesday 26 January 2011

D Days + 165, 166 & 167: Monday 24 January to Wednesday 26 January 2011

I am still struggling to fit a full time job into my life; I don't know how I did it before without drowning in chores...add into the equation that I am trying to do regular, consistent exercise every day and it seems like trying to squeeze an elephant into a mini, which sounds like the cue for a joke but I can't think of one!!  It's also hard to still try to do something for me which isn't work and isn't chores, as there is precious little enough time for me to be at home anyway, and getting to do anything else makes me feel bad for leaving C alone, again.   I'm up at 6am to do exercise, off to work for 8.15am, doing the day and trying to accrue flexi hours for when I need to take time off for hospital appointments with C, then chores or choir, then trying to get in enough sleep....ho hum.

C's been a bit naughty today - makes him sound like a small boy, but really I have just had to tell him off; he hasn't eaten properly today and consequently was running out of steam big time and had an upset stomach.  To be fair to him, we are running low on supplies (yet another downside to me not being at home enough), but the fact that he was a piggy over crumpets for lunch didn't help - yes he was, he had crumpets for lunch and nothing else, and to top it all he had the cheek to ring me at work and taunt me with the fact!!!!  Hot, buttered crumpets - fair made my  mouth water, but clearly he got his comeuppance!!

Poor Rom has come home in a bit of a tizz as she and her college class got a wigging from their tutor; I obviously wasn't there, but if what she says is true (and why wouldn't it be) it sounds like her tutor has seriously lost the plot - ticking them off like a bunch of naughty eight year olds.  She was apparently saying they had no respect for her - well quite frankly I think the way she apparently spoke to them and generally dealt with the situation leaves a lot to be desired and shows them precious little respect either.  I feel a letter to the principal coming on....

Yesterday there was an accident on the dual carriageway in Newport, our own tiny little bit of 'motorway'.  It was serious enough that they had to close it in both directions, which resulted in the whole town becoming gridlocked at rush hour.  I mention this because, unusually and unfortunately I was in Newport yesterday afternoon, and it took me two and a half hours to get from Newport, out of Newport, and home.  I left the car park at 4.15 and got home at 6.45.  Not fun; I was not happy, and this was not made any more bearable by the events in Silent Witness, one of my favourite programmes.  Dr Harry was apparently killed in Budapest; now I love Dr Harry, I know he's not real, but I love him anyway and he's mainly the reason I watch the show (it is good, but nothing draws me to it more than Tom Ward's fantastically stubbly lantern jawline).  I felt really low after that and couldn't cope with watching Part 2.  So I didn't, but C did and told me I should watch it.  But I couldn't; well not until tonight anyway, when all was revealed and the lantern-jawed one reappeared large as life and twice as stubbly as part of some elaborate plot to get to the bottom of a sinister Hungarian baby trafficking scenario.  I must get out more - oh wait, no, I don't have time (see paragraph 1).

More debating in the office this afternoon about how the Council is going to manage to run all the services we support with so fewer staff (again, I would refer the reader to my 'how to get an elephant into a mini' conundrum which is very similar).  The news of last year's spending sticks in the craw just a tad too, bearing in mind that we're all at risk of redundancy or, at best, being forced into applying for jobs we don't really want just so we don't lose our redundancy payouts - the new of one of the Directors being paid £380,000 for two years work (which he charges the Council from his own company) quite frankly makes me sick.  Fat Cats just doesn't cover it mate.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment