Saturday 13 November 2010

D Days 88, 89, 90, 91, 92 & 93: Monday 8 November to Saturday 13 November 2010

It's been a week since I last updated the blog.  This means that I am really struggling to think what happened when, so to make it easier for me I'll just try to remember what happened in the last few days without trying to pinpoint it!!

Being off treatment really agrees with C, as you might have expected.  The few side effects he had from the biotherapy, unpleasant as they were, have disappeared and he looks, feels and acts like a 'normal' person again; which is great to see, but it also lulls you into a false sense of reality and a couple of times it has hit home hard that he actually still has cancer and is still fighting it, with a long way to go.  Cycle Number 2 starts next Thursday, after we've seen the oncologist for an update - we're not sure what this meeting entails and assume it's to discuss how things have been going and get the next prescription for the drug.  

C had to go up to the Path Lab for another blood test this week, so the results are back in time for the oncologist meeting.  As usual it was complete pandemonium in the car park, exacerbated by the heavy rain and general gloominess of the weather.  I couldn't find a free space, so C shot off  by himself to get the test done while I parked up with my hazard lights going, hoping he would get through quickly - which he thankfully did, due in no small part to my friend Kathie who's a soprano in the choir and works at the Path Lab.  She very kindly put him through as a priority and he was in and out in 15 minutes.  Thanks Kathie x


Bren and Gem have set the date for their wedding, having met up with the vicar person on Tuesday - it's all set for 24 September 2011; plenty of time to panic about diets, hats and so on!!  I shall be so proud to see my three kids all dolled up, and all grown up, doing their bits on the day - Chich is the best man, and Romilly is a bridesmaid.  I'm also sure that I will be shedding a proud tear or two, as will C, so am considering having my eyelashes dyed and splashing out on some decent waterproof mascara....C will have to manage!!


I arranged to meet up with Romilly for a trip to the cinema on Wednesday, as C was happily ensconced in front of the fire watching the football.  We went to Ryde to see Burke and Hare - I'd seen the trailers, obviously knew the story, and expected great things given the amazing cast; just proves that you should never get your hopes up too much as it's so easy for them to be dashed to pieces!!  The film was entertaining enough, well acted and all that, but it wasn't remotely edge-of-the-seat-pee-myself-laughing-until-my-belly-ached.  Bit disappointing and not helped at all by the three women sitting right behind us - I ask you, in the entire cinema there were nine people, so loads of empty seats, and these three sit RIGHT BEHIND US.  And talk, and talk, and talk.  I ignored it through the adverts, and through the trailers, but ten minutes into the film they were still at it so I turned round and asked them to stop talking.  Typical reaction - a very sarcastic 'sorreeeeee'.  But they did stop!!! Phew!!!  And it was nice to spend time with my Moo.


C went off and had lunch with Nick DB on Friday - off he went for a couple of hours on his own and really enjoyed it.  Talking about cars, people they know etc etc felt familiar and comfortable - add in a decent toasted sandwich and he was happy as a sandboy when he got back.  He then retired up to his 'den' while I held a candle party down in the lounge - I love having these parties because I love candles, and my friend Hayley is a brilliant consultant; she always manages to make them go with a swing no matter how many people are there.  Unfortunately, and disappointingly, despite having sent out about 30 invitations (and hoping for a 50% turnout) only four friends actually made the effort to come.  We still had a good evening though, and my candle stock for Christmas is once again complete.  Loving that Spiced Cider three-wick.....We consumed some delicious nibbles, and some lovely wine - well, I consumed quite a bit of lovely wine and consequently am feeling rather below par today (Saturday); I had forgotten how unpleasant it is when the room doesn't stop moving around.....







No comments:

Post a Comment