Sunday 19 September 2010

D Day + 38: Sunday 19 September 2010 - En Famille

Oh cripes the bats this morning...the ones in my belfry; or simpler to say I was feeling the after effects of too much Stella last night. Whoof.  Not good.  Two cups of coffee down the line and I was brave enough to take an Anadin and some vitamin C.  Ick; what happened to my resilience with alcohol?????
C went off to meet his mate Neil this morning - which I have affectionately named 'The Ipad Club' as they now both have them.  It's good for him to meet up with other peeps and talk about other things; more meetings like that are most welcome!
I got on with the prep for the roast dinner - numbers were up to 10 now so this meant a mountain of spuds to peel; the Coles judge your roast dinner on the roast potato availability, so as long as there are plenty of them, you're more than likely on to a winner.  I made an apple crumble, peeled spuds, carrots and parsnips and put the beef in the roaster.  I also washed Charlie, clipped him, cleaned his ears and eyes, and dried him off.  Rom did the vaccuuming downstairs and got the table sorted.  Team work - C was impressed when he got back!!
My dad came over today - he hasn't been for a few weeks for various reasons.  He's not one for discussing emotional topics, so never asks about C, so I told him what's been going on recently and I'm sure he stored this in his databanks for perusal at a later point.  I am so not like him - I'm more of an up-front-let's-talk-about-it-and-cry-together kind of girl, get it out in the open.  But it was nice to see him and he is brilliant in the kitchen when you've got a dinner-for-10 going on!!
Daniel and Chich came over to watch the footy with C; and Jill and Arth arrived around 4pm and got down to brass tacks with the weeding (which C had jokingly referred to when inviting them over for dinner and they, amazing as they are, rose to the challenge and came equipped with gardening stuff and attacked the top flower beds - thank you x).  Bren and Gem arrived with Archibald the ADHD terrier, and we got to eat dinner bang on time - 5pm as predicted, thank you very much.  Three courses later and everyone seemed content, my job was done!!
C was tired this evening; he nipped off for a nap while we were chatting over the remnants of cheese and biscuits.    A power nap and cup of tea later and he's come to again, to watch Antiques Roadshow.
Rom's taken Dan up to A&E - he has a nasty looking, pussy (that's pus-like, nothing to do with cats) swelling under his big toe nail and his toe was swollen. Apparently he's had this before so they'll probably just drill through the nail (ick), drain it (ick again) and he'll be sorted.  Thankfully he's managed to put away my three course roast dinner first so is well fortified for the onslaught.
So now I'm onto the cold beer and about to try and find something interesting on TV (not easy).  A nice easy day today, relaxed and, as the title suggests, very much a family day.  Jill and I even touched on the topic of Christmas...scary!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment