Thursday 23 September 2010

D Day + 41: Wednesday 22 September 2010 - September Sunshine

We made the most of the September sunshine today as the forecast was predicting rain tomorrow.  It was so hot outside it could have been the middle of August!  I bit the bullet and decided to get out and tidy the front garden - we don't access the house from the front very often so it tends to get a bit neglected; so out came the lawn mower (how I LOATHE that job), the fork, hoe, secateurs and garden bin.  I managed to persuade C to come and sit out there with me - he does get a bit fed up with not being able to do much though, and especially, so he tells me, when I'm slaving away!  But a very pleasant couple of hours we spent out there and the results were great, but I'm sure it won't be long before the weeds start to take hold again, along with that damned onion grass that gets in amongst everything.  Grrr.....
Jill rang and asked us if we wanted to meet up at the Quarr Abbey tea rooms; she and Arth were going to walk through from Wootton.  We did meet up and it was lovely to sit in the sun in such a peaceful place.  They have some lovely pigs in the abbey grounds and there were funny to watch, scrambling over each other for a bit of scone....!!!!
I went to the GP today for an update on my sick certificate - I actually saw my own GP this time, first time in ages, and obviously had to explain the situation again.  He was very sympathetic and understanding, and thankfully for us he's given me more time off.  It was a huge relief to know that I can be around at home for a bit longer.  
Romilly was having an Ann Summers party at home tonight - needless to say it felt a bit weird sitting around with my daughter and her friends talking about and examining various products!!!!  It did get easier after a couple of glasses of wine though!!  I think I'd still be happier at one of Hayley's Partylite gatherings though...
Sat up talking to my lovely friend Deb until about midnight; we don't get to catch up very often where I'm off work and she's busy covering a vacancy in her team on top of her normal job.  She's an amazingly calm person though, and manages everything she has to do with consummate ease and grace.  Love her.
PS: I must give a mention to C's mate Alan, purveyor of dirty jokes and recent stalwart support; he reads this blog regularly - HELLO AL!! - and as I haven't mentioned him in it he was feeling a bit left out.  C's known him for years through working at the Peugeot dealership (Al runs one on the mainland) and they've stayed in touch since C finished work.  So here you go Al - your first mention on the blog, and I'll make sure there are more....x

1 comment:

  1. Fame at last! It was either get a mention or switch to a blog about nude photography! Thanks Karen for saving me! (I think?)

    ReplyDelete