Saturday 25 September 2010

D Day + 43: Friday 24 September 2010 - Easy Day

I finally got my act together this morning and got up and sorted in time to get a lift to the Downs with Romilly.  I don't know why, but recently I am having the devil of a job to get up at a decent time in the morning - I used to get up at 6.15 and go power walking, but that's all gone out of the window since I've been back from the choir tour.
So I got a lift, with Sidney (the Kidney) to the middle of the Downs road so we could walk back to Brading for a bit of exercise.  This has been something I've tried to do regularly, and today was a bit different because the grass as so wet! My trousers legs and boots got completely soaked, so by the time I got back to Brading Down I was sloshing about in my walking boots. Ick.  Thankfully C had driven Monty the Land Rover up to the viewpoint so we got a lift back the rest of the way.  
Nothing doing the rest of today - C's cough is giving him a bit of gip at the moment so he gets quite puffed out.  We decided, after doing a couple of light chores, to light the fire early (the weather wasn'tup to much) and bunk down for a couple of episodes of Midsomer Murders - always good for a chill out as it doesn't matter much if you fall asleep in front of it, you'll always be able to pick it up no problem!!
A nice relaxing evening, and relatively early night really.  Sounds boring I know, but ordinary and boring is welcome right now!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment