Tuesday 28 September 2010

D Day + 45: Sunday 26 September 2010 - The Briddlesford Experience

We met up with Deb and Robin this morning, at Briddlesford Farm for breakfast.  They have a lovely tea room/restaurant at the farm - Bluebells - and the food is amazing, and most of it's local or from the farm.  I've been filling C up on cooked breakfasts for the past few weeks, so I think he really enjoyed having something a bit different today - he went for the sauteed potates with red onion, crispy bacon and fried egg on top, which means he missed out on the amazing toast they do there from a delicious multi grain and seed bread.  I had a vegetarian cooked version of Robin's full English, and Deb opted for tomatoes and mushroom on toast - she doesn't like eggs; bizarre...nothing like a beautifully fried freshly laid egg to get you started in the morning!!!  We went and had a browse in the farm shop afterwards; I bought some of the aforementioned bread, plus some local tomatoes (lovely to find those still in season) and some pickled shallots.  Bit pricey, but once we'd tried it all out for lunch it was well worth it - that bread is AMAZING; I could go on about it but hey, it's bread, so I won't....
We also visited the calves in their pens - so sweet and only about six weeks old.  I told each and every one of them that I would never eat them, or their parents, or their brothers and sisters.  I did debate whether I could get one in the back of the Clio, to take home to keep in Chickoland; if we'd had the Land Rover with us well...who knows!!
C went off to meet up with Neil again at lunch time - this is getting to be a nice, regular break for him and he spent a good couple of hours out talking 'guy' stuff presumably.  He always comes back much cheered up from seeing his mates.  It makes me laugh when men go on about how much women talk - get two or more blokes together and they're set for hours talking about, well, general man crap I suppose - I've never hung around long enough, or stayed awake long enough, to find out!! 
Dad didn't arrive over here this afternoon - he usually spends Sunday afternoon/evening with us.  If he's not coming over he rings to let me know, but hadn't, so I called him - bit weird really, he said he wasn't feeling well and was staying out of the way; I was just curious why he hadn't told me....Ah well, off day I suppose.
No 2 had lent us a DVD - The Hangover - and I decided we'd watch it tonight.  We both needed a bit of a lift (this waiting around for appointments thing is taking its toll at times) and although C was a bit dubious about the film he, and I, really enjoyed it.  There are some very memorable, hilarious bits in it that I keep remembering and giggling about...oh that guy Alan, brilliant!!!!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment