Tuesday 26 October 2010

D Day + 75: Tuesday 26 October 2010 - Rain Rain Go Away

Woke up to rain today - bit of a shocker after the long run of nice sunny weather we've been having; I just hope I haven't put the mockers on it by having referred to the sunshine such a lot in recent postings!!!!
C had a bad night last night - he woke me up this morning and was distinctly off colour and tired.  He said he just couldn't settle at all, kept tossing and turning all night and barely got any sleep.  Having done his meds I left him in bed to see if he could catch up, or at the very least relax a bit - thankfully his blood pressure was okay and nice and low.
Catching up on chores in the kitchen, I'd almost forgotten that Rom was about (it being half term) and she strolled in and plonked in the chair, yawning.  It's a nightmare getting her interested in breakfast - she normally just about manages to get herself a bowl of cereal (chocolate one week, not chocolate the next - I still indulge her just slightly...) but as Mummy was on hand today she decided she'd like pancakes...and pancakes she got - with fresh lemon juice too, dontchaknow!!  Not bad if I say so myself...
We sat and made some more Christmas cards this morning - Rom hasn't had a go at them yet and it was nice to sit and do something together.  C got up around then and looked much perkier for a shower and clean clothes.  He is starting to suffer with dry skin on his face now, as we had been warned, so we have to add regular applications of Savlon healing gel to the list of 'drug' administrations.  Good job I'm generally organised - my drug chart is a sight to behold.
We also broke into the new jigsaw puzzle today, and assembled the outside edges in record time.  Does everyone do that?  It's always been the way with me and my lot - you sort all the pieces into edge and non-edge bits, then put all the edges together first.  Makes perfect sense to me!
Leaving Rom and C at home having their lunch - beans on toast with cheese on top (well you have to have cheese on top, it's not the same otherwise) - I went off to meet another lovely friend of mine - Shaz (I think I've mentioned her before - she's the one who makes me spend money at garden centres) - and yes we went to another garden centre, for lunch and shopping (obviously).  Shaz is very keen on Christmas, and gets her house decorated nice and early (her birthday is at the beginning of December and she likes to have everything sorted before then).  So having downed a lovely lunch we wandered off and browsed in the Christmas section - lots of different colour schemes and lots of ideas for the tree, table etc.  Got to feeling quite festive!!  I did buy a couple of bits, and having moaned just the other day about not feeling like starting Christmas shopping, I did buy a couple of bits for Romilly's stocking.  Yes, she has a stocking on Christmas morning, which she opens while sitting in bed with us.  There, now I've embarrassed her to all you readers!!!  I'm happy for her to carry on with this as long as possible...it's one last link to her being a little excited child.    Talking of which, when I got home she was snuggled up on the sofa with C, watching Chitty Chitty Bang Bang - we bought a few classic films on DVD recently and she decided to watch this one; not much else to do in the rain right?  Wrong!  Off we went to Ryde as she needed to get some bits and pieces for her and Daniel's costumes for a Halloween party on Saturday.  Wandering around Ryde we were, like a couple of drowned rats after a while, but mission was accomplished, plus a few extras (inevitable when you get two women going in and out of shops).  She's gone over to Dan's tonight and C and I are tucked up in the lounge trying to ignore the horrible weather.  I just hope we wake up tomorrow in much better spirits and weather conditions than today.

No comments:

Post a Comment